Radius Systems began it’s partnership with Teleflex Inc. in 2019. They were in need of a BAS system that would provide flexibility and independent critical
controls for air pressurization to maintain sterile test environments, lab exhaust fans as well as maintaining HVAC and lighting controls for each of the diverse building ambiance – office, warehouse, lab, and manufacturing. Additionally controls, scheduling, and trending were needed for the west side automatic
window shade system.
Existing Control System Challenges:
- New 52,000 square foot facility requiring a state-of-the-art building automation system that would be expandable, compatible with existing satellite facilities and handle the critical controls unique to the science & technology industry.
Radius Systems Rescue Plan:
- BACnet router/controller to provide interface between the local building network and WebCTRL operator station.
- GUI accessibility on standard web browsers from any PC, laptop or tablet.
- Installation of interface software and programming tools which would allow Teleflex to independently make changes or additions to the system as needed.
- The project was completed as specified to the satisfaction of the Teleflex facility management team which had worked with BAS systems from other vendors, and were pleasantly surprised how user friendly the ALC and WebCTRL system has been to navigate.
- They found the graphics very intuitive and presented a useful overview of multiple facilities. Additionally, the ability to expand beyond basic HVAC functions into lighting, shade and energy controls was a welcome feature to Automated Logic system.
- Teleflex selected Radius Systems to design and install a Healthy Building System which included AHU mounted UVC Light tubes to reduce and inactivate airborne pathogens for safer indoor air quality.
Unique Aspects of the Teleflex Inc., PA project:
- Chilled water system
- Heating hot water system
- Supply Air VAV Boxes, utilizing terminal level controller (Qty 55)
- Return Air VAV Boxes, utilizing terminal level controller (Qty 10)
- Return Air Damper Pressurization Control (Qty 3)
- Lab Exhaust Fans (Qty 3)
- General Exhaust Fans (Qty 3)
- Exhaust Fans (Qty 11)
- Finned Tube Radiation Valves (Qty 27)
- Monitoring of outdoor air temperature and humidity