Science and technology facility managers have a unique set of challenges for their building management systems. They have all of the normal heating and cooling concerns to maintain occupant comfort through 4 seasons. They also need to be concerned with providing an occupant-safe environment in compliance with all required codes and standards. Finally, they should be interested in the effect of the facility’s indoor air quality (IAQ) on the cognitive health of their occupants. Ensuring well ventilated spaces facilitates an environment conducive to the high level of innovative thinking needed in the Science and Technology industry.
Projects requiring highly critical controls of this kind showcase the power and flexibility of the Automated Logic WebCTRL enterprise platform to directly control critical systems and integrate to 3rd party equipment.
Radius Systems has provided the following Science & Technology specific control services:
- MSA Gas detection for life safety
- Backup systems to maintain critical controls in case of power outage
- FTIR System
- Fire alarm and life safety systems
- Monitor CO2 levels and automatically adjust fresh air exchange rate to keep indoor air fresh and oxygen rich
- Variable Speed Drives to control lab exhaust fans and pumps
- Electrical Switchgear Power and Monitoring Systems
- Germicidal UV Light Systems have an inactivation rate 99.99% for SARS-CoV2 and remove mold, VOCs and other airborne bacteria from HVAC systems