Science and technology facility managers have a unique set of challenges for their building management systems. Precise temperature, humidity and differential pressure control, fume hood face velocity, toxic gas detection, room airflow offsets are all critical environmental factors to be controlled and monitored. All of this must be achieved while meeting applicable occupant safety standards and compliance with all building codes.
The building automation system is an essential tool for maintaining a safe occupant environment – both in responding instantly with high volume ventilation in the event of toxic material incursion into occupant spaces, and to ensure consistently healthy air quality to ensure the cognitive health of occupants which is conducive to the high level innovative thinking needed in the Science and Technology industry.
The Automated Logic WebCTRL custom programmable enterprise platform has the power and flexibility to manage the diverse and complex needs of the critical environments of science and technology facilities.
Radius Systems has provided the following Science & Technology specific control services:
- Fume hood monitoring and precise face velocity control (including occupied/unoccupied face velocity settings).
- Room pressurization control.
- Precise temperature, humidity, differential pressure, and room offset control.
- Gas detection for life safety notification and ventilation response.
- Power restoration startup sequences.
- Active smoke management systems.
- Emergency ventilation based on toxic gas detection.
- Fault detection and diagnostics, analytics to provide pre-emptive equipment failure detection.
- Utility monitoring systems, Electrical Switchgear Power Quality Systems.
- Energy Reporting and analysis.