Laurel School District, located in Laurel, DE, is an educational facility consisting of 4 schools: two elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school.
Our partnership with Laurel School District began in 2013 when Radius Systems was chosen to provide the building automation system for the new construction of Laurel High School and Laurel Middle School, consisting of 197,000 square feet of space.
Radius Systems was sole-sourced for the subsequent new Laurel Elementary School based on our performance utilizing the Automated Logic Building Automation Platform.
Laurel High School and Laurel Middle School operate as separate wings and are connected through a shared media center and centrally located administration.
Included in this new facility are:
- 73 classrooms
- 600 seat auditorium
- 1,000 seat high school gymnasium
- 200 seat middle school gymnasium
Additional Unique Aspects:
- Firefighter’s Command Control Panel with Smoke Evacuation Capabilities
- Carbon dioxide levels monitored and controlled for all classrooms to create an optimized learning environment.
- Gymnasiums have both carbon dioxide and humidity control to accommodate for changes resulting from space occupancy increases.
In 2016, Radius Systems continued our collaboration with Laurel School District when work began on the new Laurel Elementary, a 151,000 square foot school.
Included in this project:
- Monitoring of utilities for energy cost savings analysis
- Emergency generator integration
- High efficiency HVAC systems centered around chilled beams
The Building Automation work was completed in 2018, and Radius Systems continues to serve the school district through an ongoing full-service maintenance agreement.