Government building management challenges include not only the need to provide the usual comfortable and healthy work environment for occupants but also the need to satisfy the utility budget and energy conservation requirements of taxpayers, elected officials and government legislation.
At Radius Systems, we prioritize understanding a government facility’s need to reduce operational costs, lower energy consumption, and increase efficiencies through an intelligent Building Automation strategy.
Our government experience includes juggling multiple energy sources: electric, gas, solar system controls alongside controls for HVAC equipment, security, lighting, backup power and environmental benchmark monitoring.
In partnering with ESCO Energy Services, we work with our government partners to design and build a system that will gain the maximum return on investment through energy cost savings, while maintaining expandability to update an existing control system and hardware to the latest and most efficient BAS.
Imagine your government building with these intelligent Building Automation Management capabilities:
- Operational Efficiency – The WebCTRL/Optiflex platform will leverage your operational personnel through graphical access to building temperature data and setpoint adjustments, offsite monitoring and troubleshooting via internet connection, and automatic fault detection/alarm notification.
- Rest Easy with a Government Vetted and Secure BAS – Cybersecurity is a constant concern for facility management. Automated Logic and its accompanying WebCTRL software has been tested and vetted by the most strictest government standards.
- Prevent Outages with Proactive Equipment Monitoring – Failure Detection and Diagnostics constantly monitors equipment alarm data, freeing your facility staff to quickly address persistent alarms before catastrophic failure and unplanned facility downtime.
- Energy Reporting Identifies Opportunities for Utility Cost Savings – Understand your facility’s energy consumption demands and strategically plan projects to save energy through metering and data analytics.
- Partner with your Local Electrical Provider to reduce Energy Costs through Automated Demand Response and Automated Electrical Demand Management, which depends on each provider’s unique incentives if available.
- Create Safe Indoor Air Quality with CO2 sensors that automatically adjust fresh air balancing with system parameters. Incorporate UV light systems and/or Bipolar Ionization to reduce air-borne pathogens and contaminants.
- Automatically Manage Occupant Comfort by programming intelligent BAS controllers that accurately maintain temperature, humidity, and CO2 levels based on real-time data. Fluctuations of heating and cooling demands with seasonal weather swings can be incorporated into the BAS sequence of operations, giving you a building that proactively adjusts as needed.
- Motion-based control optimizes energy use by relaxing room setpoints during normal occupied hours in order to reduce heating and cooling demand.